Carrels for the use of Advanced Degree students who are registered in the
Faculty of Theology at the University of St. Michael’s College are available in the
Kelly Library. Carrels are assigned for one academic year, from September 1st to
August 31st. Students must apply for use of a carrel, including renewals, each
year. Students may use a carrel for a maximum of three (3) years.
When the Student Financial Aid Committee assigns carrels, priority is given to
PhD and ThD doctoral candidates who have completed their comprehensive
exams successfully and are working on their dissertation. If circumstances
permit, other advance degree students may also be awarded a carrel bursary.
Depending on the number of applicants, students may be asked to share a carrel.
In order to ensure the fair allocation and security of the library carrels, we ask
carrel users to abide by the following:
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Second Friday in September each year.
- - Please sign out your key each day from the designated library staff when
you’re using your carrel. You do not need to return the key during the
day if you leave the library, but you must return the key before the end of
- - Please return your carrel key by the end of the academic year or you will
forfeit your key deposit.
- - Please do not “sublet” or “share” your carrel with students who were not
allocated a carrel.
- - If your carrel is not used for more than 4 weeks (except in the case of a
reasonable absence), the carrel will be reassigned.
- - Please abide by the policy that the Kelly Library staff set for the use of
Please click "Next" to begin the application.